This dish is perfect for a snowy afternoon or evening with a glass of red wine. It’s savory with hints of sweet bursts, containing golden oyster mushrooms and toasted pine nuts – it warms you from the inside out. Not to mention, it only takes about 30 minutes to whip up!
Pair with your favorite red wine, though a blend that is less dry is our personal favorite!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
5 ounces dry ‘ruffled’ pasta
3 tablespoons pine nuts
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
10 ounces fresh golden oyster mushrooms
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
2 ounces freshly-shaved Parmigiano
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
Makes 2 Servings.
HOW TO MAKE A MIND BLOWING DISH
- Prepare the pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions for al-dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the pine nuts in a dry 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Toast the pine nuts, shaking and stirring frequently, until golden brown (about 5 to 7 minutes). Transfer the pine nuts to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove and adjust the heat to medium-high. Melt the butter in the pan, then add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until browned.
- Drain the prepared pasta and add it to the skillet. Toss well with mushrooms and season with black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer to pasta and mushrooms to a serving dish and garnish with the toasted pine nuts, shaved Parmiagiano, and minced chives. Serve at once.
Enjoy this amazing and simply scrumptious dish! Perfect for those chilly evenings… Thanks to Linda over at The Wanderlust Kitchen for this one!